Pastoral Council Minutes





Francie Cadden                       Maire Finan                            Pauline Cushman

Sr Elvira Rosel                         Crispin Andaya                        Fr Yashin Jos

Grainne Kelly                          Donal Lyons                             Sr Carmelita Vallecera

Anthony Ruddy                        Fr Declan Boyce                      Margaret Prior



Dermot Layden




  1. Minutes – the Minutes of the previous meeting were read.

They were proposed by Donal Lyons and seconded by Grainne Kelly.


  1. Matters Arising –  a) Stations of the Cross:

There have been relatively small numbers attending the Wednesday Stations for Busy People: – it was felt this is due to it being new.

Grainne felt the sandwich boards were not visible enough, and suggested copies of the paintings of the Stations, currently at the Sacred Heart Altar, be placed outside the Cathedral to provoke interest.  She is to photograph them for Ballast Signs to print for Lent next year.


b) Trocaire Clothes Collection:

Both collection companies, and, are to be used.

Fifty bags have been donated so far, and collection is to continue over the next few weeks.


c) Changes to St Paul’s Missionary Society Collection, to which Fr Victor belongs:

  • Envelope distribution – Fourth Sunday of Lent
  • Envelope collection – Fifth Sunday of Lent.


d) Conference on the Importance of Faith, held 17/02/18 – this was actually organized by the Legion of Mary, not the SMOF as previously implied.


  1. Mother’s Day –

Fr Declan has purchased 1,000 St Brigid’s Cross lapel pins for all mothers, at a cost of 40 cents each.  Two hundred will be available for each Mass.

The following Volunteers will distribute:

7.30pm Vigil Mass:     Francie Cadden

8.30 am Mass:            Grainne Kelly

10.30am Mass:           Margaret Prior

12.00pm Mass:           Maire Finan and Pauline Cushman

7pm Mass:                  Anthony Ruddy.



  1. Easter Ceremonies:

The programme is to be finalized next week.  A draft programme was circulated.



  1. Report from Cluster by Margaret Prior –
  • 26/03/18 Monday: Reconciliation Service in the Friary.
  • There will be a de-cluttering of the Cathedral.
  • Contemporary Presentation of the meaning of the Stations of the Cross by the 3 Secondary Schools: this was proposed by Fr Declan and Collette Furlong commended it as a wonderful idea and a great success. An example was given of students’ interpretation of the Tenth Station was given, emphasizing people using objects/clothes/brands to mask what is missing in their lives.
  • 10/03/18 Saturday: Day for the Lord, with Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament from 10am to 6pm.
  • 15/05/18 Tuesday: One-day Pilgrimage to Lough Derg.
  • Child Safeguarding Training for those Garda-Vetted:

21/03/18 – Abbey Hotel, Roscommon

10/04/18 – Clayton Hotel, Sligo

24/04/18 – Abbey Hotel, Roscommon.

Those who have already received training as part of their employment, like Donal Lyons, are exempt.

Margaret Prior asked for clarification on vetting;  Fr Declan stressed that it is not mandatory for PPC members, but is desirable so that members can be called upon to help out in an emergency.  He urged all who have applied for Garda vetting to attend.


  • 09/03/18 – International Women’s Day of Prayer.
  • 12/04/18 – next Cluster meeting, which will be a Social in the Glasshouse Hotel at 7pm, and attendance will be subsidised by the Parish. Fr Declan encouraged Margaret Prior and Grainne Kelly to attend if possible.


  1. Report of the WMOF 2018 Sub-committee – a) The official Elphin Diocesan Delegate to the WMOF 2018 advises that there is no confirmation of time or location of the Final WMOF Mass. However, it may be around 3pm on Sunday 26/08/18.  b) On St Patrick’s Day, window and car bumper stickers saying “God is Family, so are we” will be available during Masses. c) Reflection on the Family: This will occur on 3 consecutive Wednesday nights at Summerhill College –

28/02/18 and 07/03/18  already been held, the next is 14/03/18, at 8-9pm, followed by tea/coffee.  This is of interest to everyone, and will be presented by Clare Deaney, Mary Lyons, Marian Roycroft and Patricia McCaffrey, trainee Diocesan Catechists, of the Diocesan Partners in the Gospel Programme.

d) WMOF Registration is available online at

e) Holy Thursday: multi-national families are being recruited for washing of the feet.

f) The WMOF activity promotion will be included in the new-style Sunday Newsletter which has replaced Soul Space. This will start on 08/04/18 to advertise the Forest Park Family Picnic on 22/04/18.



  1. AOB:
  • Dermot Layden was enquiring about traditional Trocaire boxes on behalf of a parishioner – these are already in place.
  • Donal Lyons said both the IT Aurivo Theatre and Hume Hall have capacity and wheelchair access for broadcasting the Final WMOF Mass. He and Grainne Kelly are going to liaise with the Cathedral insurers, Allianz, to procure insurance for the entire day. Grainne will also liaise with Maura Meade.
  • On the weekend of 17/03/18, Barry McMahon will receive his Knighthood from the Holy See for services to the Church.





Pauline Cushman, Secretary





       Francie Cadden, Chairperson









Francie Cadden                       Maire Finan                            Dermot Layden

Sr Elvira Rosel                         Crispin Andaya                        Fr Yashin Jos

Fr Victor Samugana                Grainne Kelly                          Donal Lyons

Anthony Ruddy                        Fr Declan Boyce                      Pauline Cushman



Margaret Prior.


  1. The Minutes of the previous meeting of 11/01/18 were read. The Minutes were proposed by Maire Finan and seconded by Donal Lyons.


  1. Matters Arising:

A wrong date was given for the Cathedral Clean-up:  it will NOT occur on the First Friday as previously reported, but rather on Friday 09/03/18 at 7pm.



  1. The Report of the Sub-Committee of the World Meeting of Families was read by Fr Yashin Jos:


  1. Different families to bring Offertory gifts to the Altar at Sunday Noon Mass
  2. First Holy Communion Gifts: The Amoris Cube was ordered,  a 6-sided toy for a family game, displaying messages from The Joy of Love.
  3. St Valentine’s Day: cards containing gift tokens for family quality time activities will be at the WMOF 2018 Sacred Space stand on Wed, 14/02/18, as advertised in the Parish Newsletter.
  4. “God is Family” window and bumper stickers will be available at the WMOF Sacred Space and advertised in the Newsletter – incorporating a Shamrock symbol representing the Holy Trinity.
  5. Holy Thursday, 29/03/18: Washing of feet of 6 multi-national couples, from Ireland, India, Africa, Poland, Philippines, France.

The Prayers of the Faithful and Offertory Procession will also be multi-national.

  1. Blessing of homes with Easter Water will be available after Easter.
  2. Cathedral Family Tree: ‘House and Garden’ are providing the tree for the Cathedral Porch, upon which people can write their families’ names, after Easter.  The tree will subsequently be planted in the Cathedral grounds.
  3. Update by Sheena d’Arcy, WMOF Elphin Diocese Delegate:
  • 16 adults are training as Catechists with Frs Ml Drum and Ml Duignan, Justin Harkin and Colette Furlong, 4 each for Athlong, Boyle, Roscommon and Sligo.

From 28/02/18 the Sligo Group will host 3 sessions on The Joy of Love by Pope Francis, in Summerhill College.

  • In Dublin, 40 people are preparing the WMOF 2018 meeting
  • Registration so far: 5,000 fron 62 countries, plus 2,000 Irish
  • Volunteers are needed
  • Advised to register now for participation
  • News updates will be on Facebook and Twitter
  • The WMOF 2018 Song to be taught in schools and sung by the Choir
  • Return of the WMOF 2018 Petition Box and Icon from May 22-25 to the Cathedral
  • Fund-raising day to be held shortly
  • 21/08/18: Opening Ceremony Evening Prayer in the Cathedral
  • 22/04/18: Diocesan Family Day, Forest Park
  • Awaiting confirmation of possible visit by Pope Francis to Ireland
  1. Dermot Layden prepared a Document Outline on 26i/01/18 for the February meeting of the Knights of St Columbanus.
  2. AOB:
  • 17/02/18: Conference on the Importance of Faith (ages 18-40), Gillooly Hall.

Featuring Elma Walsh, mother of the late Donal, and Fr Phillip Mulryan.


  • WMOF Prayer Cards ordered for all, available at the WMOF Sacred Space
  • 2,000 additional copies of the Icon of the Holy Family Cards ordered.
  1. Date of next meeting: 03/05/18.


  1. Report of the Cluster Meeting:

Youth Matters Initiative;  the Diocese of Kildare & Leiclin reports no interest in the project there.  Here, it will possibly be shelved until 2020 when the new Catechists are ready.  Ransboro NS and the Mercy NS will be grouped together.


A Post-bereavement support group with a key person will be set up.  There will be special prayers in November, and a list of available services will be compiled and published.


  1. Lent: (a) Stations of the Cross:

Posters on sandwich boards will be posted in the Cathedral grounds, advertising the Stations;

The posters and a few thousand leaflets will also be in other languages.

Rota of Leaders for Wednesday 6pm Stations:

        21/02/18:             Dermot Layden

        28/02/18:             Anthony Ruddy

        07/03/18:             Maire Finan

        14/03/18:             Tommy Banks

        21/03/18:             Margaret Prior.


All Leaders will attend a practice with Fr Declan on 21/02/18 in the Cathedral.

(b)Easter Clean-up of the Cathedral:

This will take place on Friday 09/03/18 at 7pm,  and NOT on the First Friday, as previously advised.

Please bring cleaning equipment.


(c) Trocaire Projects:

Clothes Collection:  Bags of clothes can be left in the back of the Cathedral.  No duvets or pillows are accepted.

Two companies are available:            They pay 50c per kilo on the day;  do not accept bedding.

                                    Will collect possibly 13/03/18, TBC closer to the time.

            They weigh on the day and pay according to a sliding scale after the first 200Kg. 

            They accept curtains, bedding, towels and soft toys, which would bring up the weight and payment.


The company chosen was  Fiona in the Parish Office will liaise with them.


It was also suggested that people donate Vodafone and EIrcom shares for transfer to a charity.


(d) Collection for St Paul’s Missionary Society:

Fr Victor belongs to this Society.  The collection will be taken up yearly.

Envelopes will be left on the seats on the third Sunday of Lent and collected on the fourth Sunday of Lent.


  1. PPC Summer Recess in relation to the WMOF:

This usually comprises July and August.   It will be decided at the May meeting.


  1. Further WMOF details:

22/04/18:             WMOF Family Fun Day, Lough Key Forest Park.


Grainne Kelly proposed a large TV screen for the Cathedral Parking Lot and a broadcast of the final Mass of the WMOF on 26/08/18.

Donal Lyons suggested using the IT Aurivo Theatre, which is wheelchair-accessible.



  1. AOB:

17/02/18;             Conference on the Importance of Faith for ages 18-40 in the Gillooly Hall,                             starting at 10am, with Mass at the end.


A Vote of Sympathy on behalf of the PPC was proposed by Fr Declan to Sister Emma, PM Sisters,  on the occasion of the death of her Father, may he rest in peace.

Sr Emma is leaving permanently on Monday 12/02/18 for her home in the Philippines.


Fr Declan collected the Garda Clearance forms and outstanding photos.


  1. The next Meeting will take place on Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 8pm.




Pauline Cushman, Secretary



Francie Cadden, Chairperson.











Fr Declan Boyce                      Fr Yashin Jos                           Fr Victor Samugana

Anthony Ruddy                        Maire Finan                             Dermot Layden

Margaret Prior                          Crispin Andaya                         Sr Carmelita Vallecera

Grainne Kelly                          Francie Cadden                           Pauline Cushman


Apologies:       Sister Elvira and Donal Lyons



The Minutes of the previous meeting of 14/12/17 were read.

The Minutes were proposed by Margaret Prior and seconded by Crispin Andaya.



  1. Matters Arising:


Dermot Layden pointed out that the correct date of the Christmas Carol Service was 17/12/17.

Francie Cadden reported that Patricia McCaffrey had asked to enlist the help of the PPC at the Christmas Dinner for Those Living Alone, but she did not contact him subsequently.



  1. Report of the Sub-Committee of the World Meeting of Families:


At least 1,200 Icons of the WMOF Prayer were distributed.

The next meeting of the Sub-Committee is in the second week of February.

The Petition Box has gone to the Missionaries of Charity Sisters for prayers.

Dermot Layden reported that the WMOF Newsletter was published on 22/12/17:  he is to email it to the Secretary to provide it for all members of the PPC.



  1. Christmas Programme:


Fr Declan reported that there was a huge turn-out at Masses and Confession, the impetus for which probably dates from the Cathedral Clean-Up project.  The collection for the Clergy’s salaries totalled almost E17,000 – compared to E8,000 for the last 3 years.

All the Churches were full, and the challenge is to keep them coming back.

The Icon referred to above was welcomed by the people, and the Altar Society and Crib Builders did a great job.



  1. Lent:   a. Stations of the Cross:


Fr Declan said that the Stations of the Cross have been neglected.  To promote them, some beautiful reflections are available, and Maire proposed that they be used in homilies.  Arrows and printed directions will be posted in the Cathedral, to facilitate participation.

As well as the usual format after Friday 10.30\a.m. Mass, Fr Declan proposed a short session on Wednesday evenings at 6p.m., starting on 28/02/18, after which the exit barrier of the Parking Lot would be lifted for 10 minutes to encourage attendance of those using the Parking Lot.  This would include a child-friendly text and be advertised by sandwich boards in the Cathedral grounds.  It would be led by a member of the PPC are to research texts which the Parish Office will reproduce.  A rota will be filled at the next PPC meeting, and leadership is to involve members of the Congregation – suggestions welcomed.  This Wednesday session is to be announced at Mass, which ensures that it is advertised on Ocean FM Radio.

Also, at Crispin Andaya’s suggestion, the whole Community is to be invited to partake in the Stations of the Cross at Holy Well organised by the Filipino Community.


b. Cathedral Clean-Up:


This will take place on 9/3/18, the First Friday, after 7.30p.m. Mass.  Participants are to bring equipment.


c. Trocaire boxes:


These are to be left on the seats, rather than inside the main entrance.  Payment by cheque is to be promoted, as proposed by Dermot Layden.

Lent is about internal and external de-cluttering, and so a Clothes Collection will be held, excluding duvets and pillows, and stored on stage in the Gillooly Hall.  The appropriate company buys them by weight and removes them.

A summer recycling of plastic bottles may take place in the same way.

The Hungry Lunch is also part of the Trocaire appeal.



  1. Notable Dates:


25/1/18:  Church Unity, possibly at 7.30pm.  All Clergy of all Christian congregations will be there.

28/1/18:  Catholic Schools Week – organised by Fr Michael Duignan.

31/1/18:  10.30am Mass for the 3 local schools.

01/02/18;  St Brigid’s Day – the PM Sisters have started making crosses; Sister Carmelita will ask if help is needed.

02/02/18;  Feast of the Presentation of Our Lord (Consecrated Life) – refreshments will be available in the GIllooly Hall after 10.30am Mass.

03/02/18;  St Blaise – Blessing of throats after each Mass.

10/02/18:  Mass for the Sick – Anointing at 10.30am Mass, followed by tea in the Gillooly Hall.

14/02/18:  Hungry Lunch for Trocaire, starting after 10.30am Mass until about 2pm.



  1. AOB:


On behalf of the PPC, Francie Cadden thanked the Priests for the feast provided for us after the meeting of 14/12/17.  It was beautiful.


New Cathedral toilets:

 2 extra toilets will be situated in the Sacristy, replacing the safe in the room adjacent to the exit.  As the Cathedral is a Listed and Protected Building, it cannot be built on.  Francie Cadden proposed putting toilets outside the exit at St Oliver Plunkett’s Shrine, possibly fitting 4 toilets.



Dermot Layden’s proposals, “Four Possible Issues for the Cathedral PPC to Champion” were discussed.

These were taken from the January 18 edition of ‘Alive’ newspaper.

  1. Evangelisation; the Priests are already doing this.
  2. Oral Contraceptive Pill: the study quoted does not appear to be factual, and this is a matter between ladies and their family doctors.
  3. Youth and IT over-use: a full mental health service in the schools already covers this.
  4. Christian Unity: Fr Pat Lombard is in charge of this.  Margaret Prior pointed out that we don’t necessarily have a monopoly on the Truth, and this was discussed.



Fr Declan thanked those who have already provided a Passport photo of themselves, and awaits the rest.


Fr Declan handed out Garda Vetting Forms.  These are to be annotated ‘Youth Ministry’.



The next meeting will be at 8pm on Thursday, 8/2/18.

Fr Declan, Francie and Pauline will meet on 2/2/18 to set the Agenda for this meeting.





Pauline Cushman, Secretary




Francie Cadden, Chairperson







Fr Declan Boyce                                                Fr Yashin Jos                                     Fr Victor Samugana

Francie Cadden                                                 Grrainne Kelly                                   Maire Finan

Dermot Layden                                                 Margaret Prior                                  Pauline Cushman



Sr Elvira                                                                Sr Emma                                              Crispin Andaya

Donal Lyons


  1. The Minutes of the previous meeting were distributed. Reading of the full Minutes was dispensed with, to allow for a short meeting, and the headings were read instead.

The Minutes were proposed by Grainne Kelly and seconded by Maire Finan.


  1. The report from the Sub-Committee on the World Meeting of Families was given by Fr Yashin:

-The Icon of the Holy Family will be distributed by Volunteers at the Christmas Day Masses.

-Parishioners are exhorted to attend a Family Retreat on 06/01/18 in Sumerhill College.

-Inclusion of the official prayer of the WMOF at daily Masses was considered.

-The Parish Newsletter and ‘The Angelus’ will have a section dedicated to the WMOF.

-Parish communications to the WMOF must be via the Bishop and the official Diocesan Delegate.

-On 21/08/18, the official National opening of the WMOF will be replicated simultaneously in all Irish Dioceses.  Bishop Kevin will announce our Cathedral event.

-‘Amoris Laetitia’ will be further elucidated by a team of Facilitators trained by Frs Michael Drumm and Michael Duignan, probably during Lent.

– The next meeting of the Sub-Committee will occur in February 2018.


  1. Christmas Programme:

Following the Carol Service at 8.15pm on 17/01/17, light refreshments will be served to the Choir, Readers and PPC in the Upper Room of the Cathedral.

Fr Declan has procured beautiful mini-Cribs to be given to each child at the Children’s Party on 17/12/17 at 2pm in the Gillooly Hall.

Fr Declan also has had an attractive Prayer Card with Christmas Mass times printed.

The Christmas Vigil Mass will be at 10pm on 24/12/17.


  1. PPC Action:

The recent very successful Cathedral clean-up will be repeated in Lent.


  1. Report from Cluster:

The proposed get-together for Confirmation children and their families is now going to be restricted to a few schools at a time.


  1. AOB:

Fr Declan will bring Garda Vetting Forms to the next PPC meeting.

Available passport-sized photos of PPC members were collected.  The purpose of these is to increase communication, feedback and PPC promotion.

Patricia McCaffrey is requesting help for the Christmas Party for those living alone.


  1. The next PPC meeting will take place on Thursday, 11/01/18.



Pauline Cushman, Secretary.






Donal Lyons                                                        Maura Finan                                                       Dermot Layden

Fr Declan Boyce                                                                Fr Yashin Jos                                                       Fr Victor Samugana

Sr Emma Dublan                                               Francis Cadden                                                 Crispin Andaya

Margaret Prior                                                  Grainne Kelly                                                     Pauline Cushman


The Minutes of the Meeting of 30/10/17 were read;  corrections were noted regarding Crispin Andaya actually being present at that meeting, while Margaret Prior was not.  Crispin provided his proper email address.

The minutes were proposed by Sr Emma and seconded by Grainne Kelly.

  1. Thanks to former members: The contribution and dedication of the recently-retired members were acknowledged.  It was confirmed that the Term of Office for Officers is 2 years.  This is to be reinforced by Colette Furlong at the October 2018 meeting.

Fr Declan reported that Ursula Dunphy had been very disappointed at having to step down, while John Martin was pleased:  John Martin also volunteered to be part of any sub-committee.


  1. Promotion of the PPC: All agreed to each bring to the next meeting,  a passport photo of themselves for the Cathedral Noticeboard and website. 

Fr Declan Is to bring Garda Vetting papers to the next meeting.


  1. Year of the Family: It was decided to set up a sub-committee composed of PPC members and Parishioners to filter national information to provide what is relevant to the PPC.  Fr Yashin has agreed to chair it, and he will decide on when the Core Group meets.

Grainne Kelly, Donal Lyons, Margaret Prior and John Martin are willing to co-operate with him on it (Donal later in the year.)   Donal suggested a letter be circulated to invite participants.

 It was established that Tom English is the National Supervisor for the YOF.

Francis Brennan is the National Coordinator, organising volunteers.

Grainne and Dermot gave an update on the Boyle Workshop on the YOF. 

Grainne expressed great interest in the products for children for the YOF which were exhibited.

Dermot noted that when communicating with the Government, it would be better to speak of the family in terms of culture and sociology rather than in faith mode.

He also reported that ther will be a slot for Fr Flanagan in the official programme for the YOF in which the Pope may announce he is to be elevated to ‘Venerable’.

Gospel for Life;  There was a discussion regarding holding this event in Advent or Lent.  It was felt that Lent was preferable.


  1. PPC Action: Fr Declan advised that no-one has responsibility for cleaning the Cathedral – the Altar Society only takes care of the flowers and candle-stands.

He proposed a monthly cleaning evening from 7.30 to 9pm, by the PPC and Congregation.

This will commence on December first and will be advertised in the Bulletin.  No manual handling will be involved, just sweeping, dusting and polishing.  People should bring their own Hoover, cloths and polish, rubber gloves and brush, and most importantly, themselves.

The non-essential items currently behind the Altar will be removed.


Baptisms:  These occur on the first 3 Sundays of the month.  Mary Meehan, from the Baptismal Team, meets and greets the families and directs them to the bathroom and the area for the baby, in the Sacristy.  Fr Declan proposed that a PPC member, or a member of the Congregation who would be interested in this type of Ministry, join her in shepherding the families.  Pauline Cushman did this on the previous Sunday and reported that it would indeed be preferable for 2 people to participate. 

There was a discussion regarding possibly congregating all the babies on one Sunday which Margaret Prior and Maura Finan favoured,   whild Grainne Kelly said no, this would put families off receiving Baptism.


Francis Cadden proposed that a Suggestion Box be placed in the Cathedral and in the PPC.

He will provide the boxes and a notice will be placed in the Bulletin.


Posters were distributed regarding a Christmas Fair to be held in the GIllooly Hall on Saturday December 9, from 2 to 6pm.


Fr Declan is going to provide a Folder for each member of the PPC.



  1. Confirmation and there was a mixed response.

There was very positive feedback regarding the Evening for Eucharistic Ministers and Readers.

Justin Harkin reported on the Youth Survey which revealed that Church is irrelevant to them.  A sub-committee was formed, to report in December.

The Reconciliation Service will be held in the Friary on December 18 starting at 7.30pm, featuring Fr Drumm and connecting the Crib to the YOF.

The Cluster is 10 years in existence and the next meeting is on December 5.



  1. AOB: Pauline Cushman reported that she had to resign from the post of Secretary and from the PPC due to work commitments on Wednesdays.  No-one else was willing to take up the post and a Rotating Secretary was discussed.  Fr Yashin stated that this would be unworkable.   So, it was decided to change the day of the PPC Meeting to Thursday and Pauline agreed to Continue as Secretary.


An Evening for Readers by Colette Furlong will take place this week, and one for existing and new Eucharistic Ministers will occur on November 21, in the GIllooly Hall.


The next PPC Meeting will take place on Thursday December 14, at 8pm in St Mary’s.





______________________________                                  ————————————————-


Chairperson                                                                              Secretary





_______________________________                                ______________________________


Proposed                                                                                   Seconded










Additional Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Pastoral Council of the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Sligo, 18/10/17.


Fr Declan informed us that, according to Canon Law, a new Parish Priest is required to convene a new Parish Pastoral Council.

Colette Furlong informed us that, according to the Constitution for the Parish Pastoral Councils of the Diocese of Elphin, the maximum membership time allowed is 8 consecutive years, and she invited people whose term had exceeded this to step down.

The following long-standing, excellent and dedicated members retired:

                Fina Golden (Chairperson)

                Vita Forde-Monaghan (Secretary)

                Bill Fox

                Patricia McCaffrey

                Johnny Martin

                Barry McMahon

                Colette Divers

                Patricia Mulligan.

Fr Declan said he would visit Ursula Dunphy at home to tell her of the changes and invite her retirement.

These are all valued members who have worked very hard over the years, and they voiced much appreciation for having served, and great regret at leaving.

Those remaining echoed this regret, and all were shocked at the exodus.

It was suggested by many to invite the Retirees back onto the Council when a year had passed.

Colette Furlong read Bishop Kevin’s thanks to those who serve on the PPC.

Fr Declan thanked all.


Those not retiring were invited to volunteer for the posts of Chairperson and Secretary:

 Francis Cadden volunteered to be Chairperson, and Pauline Cushman volunteered to be Secretary.

The new PPC is composed of:


                Name:                                                  Phone:                                 email:


                Crispin Andaya                                  087-3873925             

                Francis Cadden                                 086-2468585             

                Pauline Cushman                             087-7834142             

                Sr Emma Dublan P.M.                                                          

                Maura Finan                                       087-9977476             

                Fr Yashin Jos                                       071-9162670             

                Grainne Kelly                                     086-3447755             

                Dermot Layden                                 071-9160162             

                Donal Lyons                                        071-9147825             

                Margaret Prior                                                                        

                Sr. Elvira Rosel P.M.                                                              

                Fr. Victor Samugana                        071-9162670             

                Anthony Ruddy                                086-0210540             

                Fr Declan Boyce SPS                        071-9162670             


Fr Declan, Francis and Pauline will meet on 30/10/17 to set the agenda for the next meeting of

Nov 8, 2017.


Signed: _______________________________________ Pauline Cushman,  Secretary.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now